If you have a short business occasion or a casual meeting that is requiring you to fly to Jakarta, yet you need to be able to reach the heart of Jakarta in a glance, with a reasonable budget, then you might want to check Holiday Inn Express as the choice of stay.
Last Saturday (21 November 2015), my wife and I managed to stay at the newest addition to the growing Holiday Inn Express in Indonesia, at Jalan K.H. Wahid Hasyim, Jakarta, which situated:
- 30 KM from the International Airport Soekarno-Hatta;
- 1.5 KM from Jl. M.H. Thamrin where many buildings of big banks office stand, such as ICBC Tower, UOB Plaza, Menara BCA, Bank Indonesia, etc;
- 7 KM from Sudirman Central Business District (SCBD) where many buildings of big companies office stand, such as Equity Tower, Indonesian Stock Exchange, Artha Graha, Bapindo Plaza, Graha Niaga, the Pacific One, the Energy Building, etc;
- 7 KM from Kuningan Area (Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said) where many buildings of big companies, government institution office, and Embassies stand, such as Cyber 2 Tower, Ministry of Law and Human Rights, Malaysian Embassy, Australian Embassy, Embassy of the Republic of Singapore, etc.
Holiday Inn group offers this 160-room (only 1 type of room, divided by the type of bed: single/double) hotel classified as a three point five hotel, since the Holiday Inn Hotel is a four star while the Express is too good to be classified as a three star hotel. This nor a budget hotel, since the price is quoted around Rp800,000. Based on this status, I will try to elaborate the experience of my overnight.
From the entrance, I found that Holiday Inn Express Wahid Hasyim has an outdoor parking lot for around 15 cars, and as far as I could see, there was no indoor room. Myself and wife came to the hotel by a taxi while raining but worry not, there were 2 securities ready to liaise us out off the taxi using umbrellas up until the lobby.
While waiting for my wife checking in, I sat in the lobby and saw a small group of businessmen having a light discussion. After we managed to check in at around 11 a.m., we found a compact but still homy room.
We chose the queen size bed (which apparently was a ‘Simmons’) room that then made me understood why ‘budget’ is not applicable to the Express.
Holiday Inn Express Wahid Hasyim can be categorized as a smart hotel. Why? Because it offers some things that modern people cannot live with them, inter alia:
- wifi: with just one password, guest can have a wifi in the room and even in the hotel restaurant. How fast? Trust me brother, I streamed not 1, not 2, but 3 football matches in my hand phones at a time without any serious lag (there is no BeIn Sport channels, for you sport lovers);
- hot shower;
- gym: completed with some equipment, including 3 treadmill;
- laundry room: guest can buy coins at the reception desk to operate the washing machine and iron.
Please be advised, that this ‘Express’ hotel does not have a swimming pool.
Guest can also arrange a semi formal meeting in a small meeting room in the 5th floor. There are 2 PCs in the lobby area and should guest need to print or copy some documents, the receptionist will be ready assist.
Once the business occasion is done, guest can enjoy the night life of Jakarta. Holiday Inn Express Wahid Hasyim is near from traditional culinary area such as Sabang and Kebon Sirih, and from the more sophisticated shopping area such as the Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia.
The price guest pay per night in this hotel is always included a free breakfast. The options of the food are fried rice, scramble egg, white bread, croissant, noodle, slice of watermelon and papaya. You can have basic drink such as hot tea, hot coffee, and water.
Thus, having spent our night in Holiday Inn Express Wahid Hasyim, I can conclude that this hotel is serving the basic needs of business person who is dynamic and only have a limited time and access. All in all, this hotel have a strategic location – location – location!
Rate: 3.5/5 (3.5 star hotel)